Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 2:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 02:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.21 meters/second, 1599.1 km/hour, 993.7 miles/hour or 863.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.2"||993.52 mi||West||0° 11' 23.3"||13.04 mi||South||993.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 56.7"||814.96 mi||East||4° 46' 09.4"||327.72 mi||South||881.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Fri 10:38 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||SE|
|Pekan Tutong||Fri 10:38 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||SSE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 10:38 AM||379 km||236 miles||205 nm||SSE|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 10:38 AM||390 km||242 miles||210 nm||S|
|Miri||Fri 10:38 AM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||S|
|Puerto Princesa||Fri 10:38 AM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||ENE|
|Nha Trang||Fri 9:38 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NW|
|Kuching||Fri 10:38 AM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||SSW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Fri 9:38 AM||818 km||509 miles||442 nm||WNW|
|Cần Thơ||Fri 9:38 AM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.