Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 7:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 07:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.14 meters/second, 1602.5 km/hour, 995.7 miles/hour or 865.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 20.5"||995.61 mi||West||0° 11' 38.4"||13.33 mi||South||995.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 41.0"||818.70 mi||East||4° 50' 49.0"||333.05 mi||South||886.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kebri Dahar||Fri 10:28 AM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||ESE|
|Degehabur||Fri 10:28 AM||120 km||75 miles||65 nm||N|
|Hargeisa||Fri 10:28 AM||275 km||171 miles||148 nm||NNE|
|Dire Dawa||Fri 10:28 AM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||NNW|
|Berbera||Fri 10:28 AM||400 km||249 miles||216 nm||NNE|
|Galkayo||Fri 10:28 AM||434 km||270 miles||234 nm||E|
|Ali Sabieh||Fri 10:28 AM||453 km||282 miles||245 nm||NNW|
|Dikhil||Fri 10:28 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||NNW|
|Adama||Fri 10:28 AM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||WNW|
|Djibouti||Fri 10:28 AM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.