Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 8:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 08:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.26 meters/second, 1602.9 km/hour, 996.0 miles/hour or 865.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 20.2"||995.88 mi||West||0° 11' 40.3"||13.37 mi||South||996.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 55' 56.7"||819.23 mi||East||4° 51' 24.6"||333.73 mi||South||887.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jimma||Fri 11:08 AM||337 km||210 miles||182 nm||ENE|
|Juba||Fri 11:08 AM||345 km||215 miles||186 nm||SW|
|Malakal||Fri 11:08 AM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||NW|
|Nekemte||Fri 11:08 AM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||NE|
|Arba Minch||Fri 11:08 AM||423 km||263 miles||229 nm||ESE|
|Gulu||Fri 11:08 AM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||SSW|
|Awasa||Fri 11:08 AM||512 km||318 miles||276 nm||E|
|Lira||Fri 11:08 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||SSW|
|Addis Ababa||Fri 11:08 AM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||ENE|
|Adama||Fri 11:08 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.