Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 8:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 08:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.32 meters/second, 1603.1 km/hour, 996.1 miles/hour or 865.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 20.0"||996.01 mi||West||0° 11' 41.3"||13.39 mi||South||996.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 04.8"||819.50 mi||East||4° 51' 42.4"||334.06 mi||South||887.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wau||Fri 11:28 AM||140 km||87 miles||76 nm||NW|
|Yambio||Fri 11:28 AM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||SSW|
|Obo||Fri 9:28 AM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||WSW|
|Juba||Fri 11:28 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||SE|
|Malakal||Fri 11:28 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||NE|
|Gulu||Fri 11:28 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||SE|
|Lira||Fri 11:28 AM||675 km||419 miles||364 nm||SE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Fri 11:28 AM||703 km||437 miles||380 nm||N|
|Kosti||Fri 11:28 AM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||NNE|
|Kisangani||Fri 10:28 AM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.