Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, September 14, 2012 at 08:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:11 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 08:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.38 meters/second, 1603.4 km/hour, 996.3 miles/hour or 865.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.60 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||south||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 19.7"||996.22 mi||west||0° 11' 42.3"||13.41 mi||south||996.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 13.2"||819.83 mi||east||4° 52' 00.8"||334.44 mi||south||888.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bambari||Fri 9:48 AM||379 km||235 miles||205 nm||WSW|
|Wau||Fri 11:48 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||ENE|
|Yambio||Fri 11:48 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||ESE|
|Bangui||Fri 9:48 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||WSW|
|Sarh||Fri 9:48 AM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||WNW|
|Bimbo||Fri 9:48 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||WSW|
|Kisangani||Fri 10:48 AM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||SSE|
|Al-Fashir||Fri 11:48 AM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||NNE|
|Juba||Fri 11:48 AM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||ESE|
|Moundou||Fri 9:48 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.