Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, September 14, 2012 at 09:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:11 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 09:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.47 meters/second, 1603.7 km/hour, 996.5 miles/hour or 865.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.61 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||south||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 19.4"||996.42 mi||west||0° 11' 43.8"||13.43 mi||south||996.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 25.7"||820.24 mi||east||4° 52' 26.6"||334.93 mi||south||888.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bozoum||Fri 10:18 AM||59 km||37 miles||32 nm||SSW|
|Moundou||Fri 10:18 AM||208 km||130 miles||113 nm||NNW|
|Kaga-Bandoro||Fri 10:18 AM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||E|
|Berbérati||Fri 10:18 AM||294 km||183 miles||159 nm||SSW|
|Sarh||Fri 10:18 AM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||NE|
|Bimbo||Fri 10:18 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||SE|
|Bangui||Fri 10:18 AM||340 km||211 miles||183 nm||SE|
|Ngaoundéré||Fri 10:18 AM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||W|
|Bertoua||Fri 10:18 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||SW|
|Garoua||Fri 10:18 AM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.