Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 9:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.49 meters/second, 1603.8 km/hour, 996.5 miles/hour or 866.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 19.2"||996.41 mi||West||0° 11' 44.2"||13.44 mi||South||996.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 29.3"||820.30 mi||East||4° 52' 34.1"||335.05 mi||South||888.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ngaoundéré||Fri 10:28 AM||120 km||75 miles||65 nm||WNW|
|Bozoum||Fri 10:28 AM||212 km||132 miles||114 nm||ESE|
|Bertoua||Fri 10:28 AM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||SSW|
|Moundou||Fri 10:28 AM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||NE|
|Garoua||Fri 10:28 AM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||NNW|
|Berbérati||Fri 10:28 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||SSE|
|Jalingo||Fri 10:28 AM||421 km||262 miles||227 nm||NW|
|Maroua||Fri 10:28 AM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||N|
|Yaoundé||Fri 10:28 AM||459 km||286 miles||248 nm||SW|
|Bamenda||Fri 10:28 AM||490 km||305 miles||265 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.