Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 9:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 09:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.52 meters/second, 1603.9 km/hour, 996.6 miles/hour or 866.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 19.1"||996.47 mi||West||0° 11' 44.7"||13.45 mi||South||996.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 56' 33.4"||820.43 mi||East||4° 52' 42.6"||335.21 mi||South||889.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ngaoundéré||Fri 10:38 AM||178 km||110 miles||96 nm||ENE|
|Bamenda||Fri 10:38 AM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||WSW|
|Jalingo||Fri 10:38 AM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||NNW|
|Bertoua||Fri 10:38 AM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||SE|
|Garoua||Fri 10:38 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||NNE|
|Yaoundé||Fri 10:38 AM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||SSW|
|Douala||Fri 10:38 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||SW|
|Makurdi||Fri 10:38 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||WNW|
|Bozoum||Fri 10:38 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||E|
|Moundou||Fri 10:38 AM||484 km||301 miles||262 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.