Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 1:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 13:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.15 meters/second, 1606.1 km/hour, 998.0 miles/hour or 867.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.3"||997.87 mi||West||0° 11' 55.1"||13.65 mi||South||998.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 15.6"||823.58 mi||East||4° 55' 45.7"||338.70 mi||South||892.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Fri 10:28 AM||984 km||612 miles||531 nm||W|
|Belém||Fri 10:28 AM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 10:28 AM||1206 km||750 miles||651 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 10:28 AM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Fri 9:28 AM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||W|
|Recife||Fri 10:28 AM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||SSE|
|Bridgetown||Fri 9:28 AM||1936 km||1203 miles||1045 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 9:28 AM||2049 km||1273 miles||1106 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Fri 9:28 AM||2092 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Fri 9:28 AM||2100 km||1305 miles||1134 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.