Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, September 14, 2012 at 13:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 13:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.15 meters/second, 1606.1 km/hour, 998.0 miles/hour or 867.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.63 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||south||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.3"||997.87 mi||west||0° 11' 55.1"||13.65 mi||south||998.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 15.6"||823.58 mi||east||4° 55' 45.7"||338.70 mi||south||892.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Fri 10:28 AM||984 km||612 miles||531 nm||W|
|Belém||Fri 10:28 AM||988 km||614 miles||534 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 10:28 AM||1205 km||749 miles||651 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 10:28 AM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Fri 9:28 AM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||W|
|Recife||Fri 10:28 AM||1826 km||1135 miles||986 nm||SSE|
|Bridgetown||Fri 9:28 AM||1936 km||1203 miles||1045 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 9:28 AM||2049 km||1273 miles||1106 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Fri 9:28 AM||2092 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Fri 9:28 AM||2100 km||1305 miles||1134 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.