Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 2:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.27 meters/second, 1606.6 km/hour, 998.3 miles/hour or 867.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.6"||998.16 mi||West||0° 11' 57.3"||13.69 mi||South||998.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 39.3"||824.28 mi||East||4° 56' 22.3"||339.40 mi||South||893.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Paramaribo||Fri 11:18 AM||48 km||30 miles||26 nm||E|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Fri 11:18 AM||155 km||96 miles||84 nm||W|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Fri 11:18 AM||177 km||110 miles||95 nm||E|
|New Amsterdam||Fri 10:18 AM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||WNW|
|Linden||Fri 10:18 AM||297 km||185 miles||161 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Fri 10:18 AM||305 km||190 miles||165 nm||WNW|
|Cayenne||Fri 11:18 AM||374 km||233 miles||202 nm||ESE|
|Boa Vista||Fri 10:18 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||WSW|
|San Fernando||Fri 10:18 AM||815 km||507 miles||440 nm||NW|
|Scarborough||Fri 10:18 AM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.