Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 3:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 15:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.45 meters/second, 1607.2 km/hour, 998.7 miles/hour or 867.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.8"||998.54 mi||West||0° 12' 00.1"||13.75 mi||South||998.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 59' 13.7"||825.27 mi||East||4° 57' 11.8"||340.34 mi||South||894.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Garagoa||Fri 10:28 AM||108 km||67 miles||58 nm||WSW|
|Bucaramanga||Fri 10:28 AM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||NNW|
|Villavicencio||Fri 10:28 AM||199 km||124 miles||108 nm||SW|
|Bogota||Fri 10:28 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||WSW|
|San Cristóbal||Fri 10:58 AM||247 km||153 miles||133 nm||N|
|Cúcuta||Fri 10:28 AM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||N|
|Manizales||Fri 10:28 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||W|
|Medellin||Fri 10:28 AM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||WNW|
|Pereira||Fri 10:28 AM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||WSW|
|Cali||Fri 10:28 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.