Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 8:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 20:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.08 meters/second, 1609.5 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 10.2"||999.96 mi||West||0° 12' 11.4"||13.96 mi||South||1000.20 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 47.5"||829.45 mi||East||5° 00' 12.4"||343.78 mi||South||899.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 10:18 AM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 10:18 AM||2477 km||1539 miles||1337 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Fri 10:18 AM||2563 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 10:18 AM||3415 km||2122 miles||1844 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 9:18 AM||3530 km||2193 miles||1906 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 12:18 PM||3549 km||2205 miles||1917 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Fri 8:18 AM||3796 km||2359 miles||2050 nm||W|
|Apia||Sat 9:18 AM||3811 km||2368 miles||2058 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 9:18 AM||3973 km||2469 miles||2145 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles *||Fri 1:18 PM||4121 km||2561 miles||2225 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.