Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 8:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.10 meters/second, 1609.6 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 10.1"||1000.00 mi||West||0° 12' 11.8"||13.97 mi||South||1000.24 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 53.1"||829.60 mi||East||5° 00' 17.9"||343.89 mi||South||899.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 10:28 AM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 10:28 AM||2314 km||1438 miles||1250 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Fri 10:28 AM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 10:28 AM||3275 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 9:28 AM||3286 km||2042 miles||1774 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 8:28 AM||3529 km||2193 miles||1906 nm||W|
|Apia||Sat 9:28 AM||3586 km||2228 miles||1936 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Fri 12:28 PM||3654 km||2270 miles||1973 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Fri 9:28 AM||3776 km||2346 miles||2039 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 8:28 AM||4225 km||2626 miles||2282 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.