Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 2:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.70 meters/second, 1611.7 km/hour, 1001.5 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 03.3"||1001.35 mi||West||0° 12' 23.7"||14.20 mi||South||1001.56 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 32.0"||835.03 mi||East||5° 03' 04.6"||347.07 mi||South||905.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ternate||Sat 11:28 AM||288 km||179 miles||156 nm||SSW|
|Sofifi||Sat 11:28 AM||289 km||180 miles||156 nm||S|
|Manado||Sat 10:28 AM||401 km||249 miles||217 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Sat 10:28 AM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||NW|
|Davao||Sat 10:28 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||NNW|
|Gorontalo||Sat 10:28 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||WSW|
|Marawi City||Sat 10:28 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||NW|
|Cagayan de Oro||Sat 10:28 AM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||NNW|
|Ambon||Sat 11:28 AM||777 km||483 miles||419 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Sat 11:28 AM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.