Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 01:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:11 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 01:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.00 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 12.7"||0.24 mi||south||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 26.5"||1002.01 mi||west||0° 12' 45.3"||14.61 mi||south||1002.07 mi|
|24 hours||12° 23' 56.2"||857.37 mi||east||5° 03' 33.5"||347.63 mi||south||923.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Sun 11:10 AM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||SW|
|Arawa||Sun 11:10 AM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||SSW|
|Gizo||Sun 12:10 PM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Sun 12:10 PM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sun 12:10 PM||927 km||576 miles||500 nm||N|
|Yaren||Sun 1:10 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Sun 11:10 AM||1544 km||959 miles||834 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sun 1:10 PM||1633 km||1014 miles||882 nm||E|
|Majuro||Sun 1:10 PM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Sun 10:10 AM||1996 km||1240 miles||1078 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.