Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 02:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.95 meters/second, 1612.6 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.7"||0.24 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 24.8"||1001.90 mi||West||0° 12' 45.3"||14.61 mi||South||1001.95 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 43.6"||858.21 mi||East||5° 03' 15.9"||347.30 mi||South||923.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Sun 12:00 Noon||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||SSW|
|Lae||Sun 12:00 Noon||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Sun 11:00 AM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Sun 12:00 Noon||867 km||538 miles||468 nm||S|
|Buka||Sun 12:00 Noon||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||ESE|
|Manokwari||Sun 11:00 AM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||W|
|Palikir||Sun 1:00 PM||1576 km||980 miles||851 nm||NE|
|Hagåtña||Sun 12:00 Noon||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Sun 11:00 AM||1688 km||1049 miles||911 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Sun 1:00 PM||1692 km||1052 miles||914 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.