Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 03:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:11 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 03:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.86 meters/second, 1612.3 km/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 12.7"||0.24 mi||south||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 22.4"||1001.79 mi||west||0° 12' 45.3"||14.61 mi||south||1001.83 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 53.5"||859.50 mi||east||5° 02' 47.8"||346.79 mi||south||924.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ambon||Sun 12:10 PM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||SW|
|Sofifi||Sun 12:10 PM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||NW|
|Ternate||Sun 12:10 PM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||NW|
|Manokwari||Sun 12:10 PM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||ENE|
|Manado||Sun 11:10 AM||651 km||404 miles||351 nm||NW|
|Gorontalo||Sun 11:10 AM||779 km||484 miles||420 nm||WNW|
|Baucau||Sun 12:10 PM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||SSW|
|Kendari||Sun 11:10 AM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||WSW|
|Dili||Sun 12:10 PM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||SSW|
|Same||Sun 12:10 PM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.