Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 17, 2012 at 12:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 17, 2012 at 00:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.00 meters/second, 1602.0 km/hour, 995.4 miles/hour or 865.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 31.4"||995.29 mi||West||0° 12' 25.7"||14.23 mi||South||995.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 01.9"||881.28 mi||East||4° 46' 39.6"||328.34 mi||South||935.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Mon 1:02 PM||252 km||156 miles||136 nm||S|
|Rawaki||Mon 1:02 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 1:02 PM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||SSE|
|Kanton Island||Mon 1:02 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Mon 1:02 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||S|
|Apia||Mon 1:02 PM||838 km||521 miles||453 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sun 12:02 PM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||NNW|
|Mata-Utu||Mon 12:02 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Sun 1:02 PM||903 km||561 miles||487 nm||S|
|Howland Island||Sun 12:02 PM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.