Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, September 17, 2012 at 00:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 17, 2012 at 00:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.00 meters/second, 1602.0 km/hour, 995.4 miles/hour or 865.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.59 mi||west||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||south||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 31.4"||995.29 mi||west||0° 12' 25.7"||14.23 mi||south||995.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 01.9"||881.28 mi||east||4° 46' 39.6"||328.34 mi||south||935.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Mon 1:02 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 1:02 PM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||SSE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Mon 1:02 PM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||S|
|Apia||Mon 1:02 PM||838 km||521 miles||453 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sun 12:02 PM||852 km||529 miles||460 nm||NNW|
|Pago Pago||Sun 1:02 PM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Mon 12:02 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 1:02 PM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||S|
|Suva||Mon 12:02 PM||1653 km||1027 miles||893 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 1:02 PM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.