Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 17, 2012 at 2:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 17, 2012 at 02:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.57 meters/second, 1600.4 kilometres/hour, 994.5 miles/hour or 864.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||South||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 25.5"||994.30 mi||West||0° 12' 21.5"||14.15 mi||South||994.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 51' 38.4"||883.50 mi||East||4° 44' 08.9"||325.47 mi||South||936.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arawa||Mon 12:10 PM||147 km||92 miles||80 nm||WNW|
|Gizo||Mon 1:10 PM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||S|
|Buka||Mon 12:10 PM||276 km||171 miles||149 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Mon 1:10 PM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||SE|
|Rabaul||Mon 12:10 PM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 12:10 PM||1102 km||685 miles||595 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Mon 2:10 PM||1314 km||817 miles||710 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Mon 1:10 PM||1515 km||942 miles||818 nm||N|
|Cairns||Mon 12:10 PM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||SW|
|Port Vila||Mon 1:10 PM||1747 km||1085 miles||943 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.