Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 17, 2012 at 10:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 17, 2012 at 10:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.55 meters/second, 1593.2 km/hour, 990.0 miles/hour or 860.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 00.0"||989.77 mi||West||0° 12' 00.7"||13.76 mi||South||989.60 mi|
|24 hours||13° 02' 29.7"||892.28 mi||East||4° 32' 21.6"||312.00 mi||South||939.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mbeya||Mon 1:48 PM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||ESE|
|Kasama||Mon 12:48 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||SSW|
|Karonga||Mon 12:48 PM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||SE|
|Mzuzu||Mon 12:48 PM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||SE|
|Dodoma||Mon 1:48 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||ENE|
|Rutana||Mon 12:48 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||NNW|
|Chipata||Mon 12:48 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||S|
|Ruyigi||Mon 12:48 PM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||NNW|
|Lubumbashi||Mon 12:48 PM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||SW|
|Gitega||Mon 12:48 PM||598 km||371 miles||323 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.