Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 17, 2012 at 6:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 17, 2012 at 18:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.58 meters/second, 1586.1 km/hour, 985.6 miles/hour or 856.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 37.6"||985.36 mi||West||0° 11' 38.4"||13.33 mi||South||985.16 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 50.7"||899.31 mi||East||4° 20' 28.7"||298.42 mi||South||941.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Mon 1:02 PM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||S|
|Cobija||Mon 2:02 PM||453 km||282 miles||245 nm||ESE|
|Lima||Mon 1:02 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||WSW|
|Rio Branco||Mon 2:02 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||E|
|Riberalta||Mon 2:02 PM||743 km||461 miles||401 nm||E|
|La Paz||Mon 2:02 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||SSE|
|Loja||Mon 1:02 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||NW|
|Guayaquil||Mon 1:02 PM||1161 km||721 miles||627 nm||NW|
|Quito||Mon 1:02 PM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||NNW|
|Sucre||Mon 2:02 PM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.