Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 12:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 00:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.80 meters/second, 1579.7 km/hour, 981.6 miles/hour or 853.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 18.4"||981.36 mi||West||0° 11' 16.3"||12.91 mi||South||981.13 mi|
|24 hours||13° 19' 39.2"||904.82 mi||East||4° 09' 15.9"||285.59 mi||South||941.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Mon 2:02 PM||1127 km||700 miles||609 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 2:02 PM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 1:02 PM||1296 km||805 miles||700 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 1:02 PM||1369 km||851 miles||739 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 1:02 PM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 2:02 PM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Tue 1:02 PM||2014 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 12:02 PM||2253 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 12:02 PM||2354 km||1462 miles||1271 nm||W|
|Suva||Tue 12:02 PM||2502 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.