Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 12:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 12:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.92 meters/second, 1565.7 kilometres/hour, 972.9 miles/hour or 845.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 39.1"||972.65 mi||West||0° 10' 22.7"||11.89 mi||South||972.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 34' 59.3"||914.68 mi||East||3° 43' 17.1"||255.87 mi||South||942.43 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kitwe||Tue 2:02 PM||129 km||80 miles||70 nm||ENE|
|Ndola||Tue 2:02 PM||168 km||104 miles||91 nm||E|
|Lubumbashi||Tue 2:02 PM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||NNE|
|Kabwe||Tue 2:02 PM||199 km||124 miles||107 nm||SE|
|Lusaka||Tue 2:02 PM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||SSE|
|Mongu||Tue 2:02 PM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||WSW|
|Kasama||Tue 2:02 PM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||NE|
|Chipata||Tue 2:02 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||E|
|Harare||Tue 2:02 PM||662 km||412 miles||358 nm||SE|
|Chitungwiza||Tue 2:02 PM||677 km||421 miles||366 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.