Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 03:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.55 meters/second, 1546.4 km/hour, 960.9 miles/hour or 835.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.01 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||south||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 49.0"||960.61 mi||west||0° 08' 54.3"||10.21 mi||south||960.31 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 12.0"||924.44 mi||east||3° 02' 39.6"||209.36 mi||south||940.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Wed 2:46 PM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||N|
|Luganville||Wed 2:46 PM||775 km||482 miles||419 nm||E|
|Gizo||Wed 2:46 PM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Wed 2:46 PM||918 km||570 miles||496 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Wed 2:46 PM||992 km||616 miles||536 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Wed 1:46 PM||1479 km||919 miles||799 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Wed 1:46 PM||1519 km||944 miles||820 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:46 PM||1552 km||965 miles||838 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:46 PM||1851 km||1150 miles||1000 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Wed 3:46 PM||1984 km||1233 miles||1071 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.