Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 03:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:11 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.55 meters/second, 1546.4 km/hour, 960.9 miles/hour or 835.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.01 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||south||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 48.8"||960.66 mi||west||0° 08' 54.3"||10.21 mi||south||960.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 13.2"||924.51 mi||east||3° 02' 36.5"||209.31 mi||south||940.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Wed 2:46 PM||703 km||437 miles||379 nm||N|
|Luganville||Wed 2:46 PM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||E|
|Gizo||Wed 2:46 PM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||NNW|
|Port Vila||Wed 2:46 PM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Wed 2:46 PM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Wed 1:46 PM||1466 km||911 miles||791 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Wed 1:46 PM||1491 km||926 miles||805 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:46 PM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:46 PM||1864 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Wed 3:46 PM||2012 km||1250 miles||1087 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.