Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.30 meters/second, 1520.3 kilometres/hour, 944.7 miles/hour or 820.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 48.6"||944.35 mi||West||0° 06' 13.5"||7.14 mi||South||944.08 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 48.6"||930.16 mi||East||1° 52' 39.3"||129.15 mi||South||933.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Wed 3:46 PM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||ESE|
|Neiafu||Thu 3:46 PM||236 km||146 miles||127 nm||W|
|Pangai||Thu 3:46 PM||299 km||186 miles||162 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 3:46 PM||450 km||279 miles||243 nm||SW|
|Pago Pago||Wed 3:46 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||NNE|
|Apia||Thu 3:46 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Thu 3:46 PM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||N|
|Mata-Utu||Thu 2:46 PM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||NW|
|Labasa||Thu 2:46 PM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:46 PM||1036 km||644 miles||560 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.