Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 03:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.98 meters/second, 1519.1 km/hour, 943.9 miles/hour or 820.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.73 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||south||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 46.2"||943.63 mi||west||0° 06' 04.5"||6.97 mi||south||943.37 mi|
|24 hours||345° 47' 35.7"||930.14 mi||west||1° 48' 51.4"||124.80 mi||south||933.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Thu 2:56 PM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||WNW|
|Luganville||Thu 2:56 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||NW|
|Nadi||Thu 3:56 PM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||E|
|Noumea||Thu 2:56 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||SW|
|Lautoka||Thu 3:56 PM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||E|
|Suva||Thu 3:56 PM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||E|
|Labasa||Thu 3:56 PM||883 km||549 miles||477 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Thu 3:56 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Thu 4:56 PM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Thu 2:56 PM||1617 km||1005 miles||873 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.