Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 4:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 04:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.75 meters/second, 1518.3 kilometres/hour, 943.4 miles/hour or 819.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 44.4"||943.12 mi||West||0° 05' 58.2"||6.84 mi||South||942.87 mi|
|24 hours||14° 12' 48.4"||930.11 mi||East||1° 46' 07.9"||121.67 mi||South||933.00 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Thu 3:46 PM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||ESE|
|Luganville||Thu 3:46 PM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Thu 3:46 PM||949 km||590 miles||512 nm||E|
|Honiara||Thu 3:46 PM||1051 km||653 miles||568 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Thu 2:46 PM||1151 km||715 miles||621 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Thu 2:46 PM||1462 km||909 miles||790 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Thu 2:46 PM||1684 km||1047 miles||909 nm||NW|
|Sydney||Thu 2:46 PM||1846 km||1147 miles||997 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Thu 4:46 PM||2007 km||1247 miles||1084 nm||E|
|Canberra||Thu 2:46 PM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.