Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 21, 2012 at 2:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 21, 2012 at 02:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.14 meters/second, 1501.7 km/hour, 933.1 miles/hour or 810.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 17.7"||932.81 mi||West||0° 02' 58.0"||3.40 mi||South||932.66 mi|
|24 hours||14° 15' 44.6"||923.58 mi||East||0° 31' 58.0"||36.65 mi||South||922.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Thu 4:48 PM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||WSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 4:48 PM||803 km||499 miles||433 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Thu 4:48 PM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Thu 3:48 PM||1257 km||781 miles||678 nm||W|
|Apia||Fri 3:48 PM||1640 km||1019 miles||886 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:48 PM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:48 PM||1882 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:48 PM||2486 km||1545 miles||1342 nm||N|
|Suva||Fri 2:48 PM||2486 km||1545 miles||1342 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:48 PM||2788 km||1733 miles||1506 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.