Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 21, 2012 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 32%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 21, 2012 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.01 meters/second, 1501.2 km/hour, 932.8 miles/hour or 810.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||South||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 17.5"||932.51 mi||West||0° 02' 49.8"||3.25 mi||South||932.37 mi|
|24 hours||14° 15' 31.1"||923.05 mi||East||0° 28' 40.3"||32.88 mi||South||922.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangai||Fri 4:46 PM||266 km||166 miles||144 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 4:46 PM||277 km||172 miles||149 nm||NE|
|Neiafu||Fri 4:46 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 4:46 PM||342 km||212 miles||184 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Thu 4:46 PM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||N|
|Apia||Fri 4:46 PM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Fri 4:46 PM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||N|
|Suva||Fri 3:46 PM||1047 km||651 miles||566 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:46 PM||1251 km||777 miles||675 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Thu 5:46 PM||1268 km||788 miles||685 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.