Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 21, 2012 at 8:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 21, 2012 at 08:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.42 meters/second, 1499.1 km/hour, 931.5 miles/hour or 809.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.52 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 16.9"||931.19 mi||West||0° 02' 06.8"||2.43 mi||South||931.08 mi|
|24 hours||14° 13' 51.7"||919.97 mi||East||0° 11' 32.4"||13.23 mi||South||919.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Karratha||Fri 4:48 PM||137 km||85 miles||74 nm||E|
|Perth||Fri 4:48 PM||1230 km||764 miles||664 nm||S|
|Denpasar||Fri 4:48 PM||1351 km||839 miles||729 nm||N|
|Malang||Fri 3:48 PM||1459 km||906 miles||788 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Fri 3:48 PM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Fri 5:48 PM||1737 km||1079 miles||938 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Fri 3:48 PM||1763 km||1095 miles||952 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Fri 4:48 PM||1789 km||1111 miles||966 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Fri 5:33 PM||1790 km||1112 miles||967 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Fri 6:18 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.