Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.74 meters/second, 1496.7 km/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.2"||0.00 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 29.7"||929.69 mi||West||0° 00' 14.6"||0.28 mi||North||929.70 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 49.2"||906.39 mi||East||0° 43' 53.5"||50.33 mi||North||909.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 5:24 PM||796 km||494 miles||430 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 8:24 PM||1592 km||989 miles||859 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 3:24 PM||2754 km||1711 miles||1487 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:24 PM||3748 km||2329 miles||2024 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 7:24 PM||4317 km||2683 miles||2331 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:24 PM||4469 km||2777 miles||2413 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 2:24 PM||4833 km||3003 miles||2610 nm||W|
|Lima||Fri 8:24 PM||5051 km||3139 miles||2727 nm||E|
|Apia||Sat 2:24 PM||5161 km||3207 miles||2787 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Fri 8:24 PM||5218 km||3243 miles||2818 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.