Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 1:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 01:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.75 meters/second, 1496.7 km/hour, 930.0 miles/hour or 808.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.2"||0.00 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 30.3"||929.70 mi||West||0° 00' 18.0"||0.35 mi||North||929.72 mi|
|24 hours||14° 02' 27.1"||906.01 mi||East||0° 45' 11.6"||51.82 mi||North||909.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 5:48 PM||442 km||275 miles||239 nm||S|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 4:48 PM||618 km||384 miles||333 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 8:48 PM||2137 km||1328 miles||1154 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 3:48 PM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:48 PM||3153 km||1959 miles||1703 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:48 PM||3969 km||2466 miles||2143 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 2:48 PM||4237 km||2633 miles||2288 nm||W|
|Apia||Sat 2:48 PM||4562 km||2835 miles||2464 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:48 PM||4744 km||2948 miles||2562 nm||W|
|Suva||Sat 1:48 PM||5462 km||3394 miles||2950 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.