Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 2:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 02:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 415.77 meters/second, 1496.8 kilometres/hour, 930.1 miles/hour or 808.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.5"||929.75 mi||West||0° 00' 25.1"||0.48 mi||North||929.77 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 40.7"||905.20 mi||East||0° 47' 54.0"||54.92 mi||North||909.26 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 5:38 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Fri 4:38 PM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 6:38 PM||1233 km||766 miles||666 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:38 PM||1910 km||1187 miles||1032 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 3:38 PM||2991 km||1858 miles||1615 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:38 PM||3081 km||1915 miles||1664 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 9:38 PM||3314 km||2059 miles||1789 nm||ESE|
|Apia||Sat 3:38 PM||3322 km||2064 miles||1794 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:38 PM||3450 km||2144 miles||1863 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:38 PM||3507 km||2179 miles||1894 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.