Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 2:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 02:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.78 meters/second, 1496.8 km/hour, 930.1 miles/hour or 808.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.8"||929.76 mi||West||0° 00' 26.5"||0.51 mi||North||929.79 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 31.3"||905.03 mi||East||0° 48' 26.4"||55.54 mi||North||909.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 4:48 PM||727 km||452 miles||393 nm||WNW|
|Gambier Islands||Fri 5:48 PM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||ESE|
|Adamstown||Fri 6:48 PM||1466 km||911 miles||792 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:48 PM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 3:48 PM||2741 km||1703 miles||1480 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:48 PM||2942 km||1828 miles||1588 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Sat 3:48 PM||3076 km||1912 miles||1661 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:48 PM||3214 km||1997 miles||1735 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:48 PM||3259 km||2025 miles||1760 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 9:48 PM||3551 km||2207 miles||1918 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.