Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 2:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 02:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.78 meters/second, 1496.8 km/hour, 930.1 miles/hour or 808.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 32.0"||929.77 mi||West||0° 00' 27.9"||0.53 mi||North||929.80 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 21.8"||904.87 mi||East||0° 48' 58.7"||56.16 mi||North||909.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 4:58 PM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:58 PM||1412 km||878 miles||763 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 6:58 PM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 3:58 PM||2492 km||1548 miles||1345 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:58 PM||2819 km||1752 miles||1522 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Sat 3:58 PM||2832 km||1760 miles||1529 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:58 PM||2984 km||1854 miles||1611 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:58 PM||3011 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||W|
|Suva||Sat 2:58 PM||3721 km||2312 miles||2009 nm||W|
|Chatham Islands||Sat 3:43 PM||3780 km||2349 miles||2041 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.