Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 3:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 43%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 03:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 415.81 meters/second, 1496.9 km/hour, 930.1 miles/hour or 808.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.50 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||North||15.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 33.3"||929.84 mi||West||0° 00' 35.0"||0.67 mi||North||929.87 mi|
|24 hours||14° 00' 33.7"||904.05 mi||East||0° 51' 40.4"||59.25 mi||North||908.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:48 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 5:48 PM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Fri 5:48 PM||988 km||614 miles||534 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Fri 4:48 PM||1249 km||776 miles||674 nm||W|
|Apia||Sat 4:48 PM||1652 km||1027 miles||892 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:48 PM||1767 km||1098 miles||954 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:48 PM||1908 km||1186 miles||1030 nm||NW|
|Suva||Sat 3:48 PM||2474 km||1537 miles||1336 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:48 PM||2544 km||1581 miles||1374 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:48 PM||2800 km||1740 miles||1512 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.