Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 07:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.01 meters/second, 1497.6 km/hour, 930.6 miles/hour or 808.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.51 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 40.2"||930.28 mi||West||0° 01' 07.2"||1.29 mi||North||930.33 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 36.1"||900.10 mi||East||1° 04' 02.5"||73.43 mi||North||906.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Charters Towers||Sat 5:40 PM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||N|
|Townsville||Sat 5:40 PM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||NNE|
|Cairns||Sat 5:40 PM||460 km||286 miles||249 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Sat 5:40 PM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 5:40 PM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Sat 5:10 PM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||WSW|
|Sydney||Sat 5:40 PM||1504 km||935 miles||812 nm||SSE|
|Canberra||Sat 5:40 PM||1603 km||996 miles||865 nm||S|
|Adelaide||Sat 5:10 PM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||SSW|
|Melbourne||Sat 5:40 PM||1859 km||1155 miles||1004 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.