Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 2:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 14:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.62 meters/second, 1499.8 km/hour, 931.9 miles/hour or 809.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.53 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||North||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 55.4"||931.65 mi||West||0° 02' 04.6"||2.38 mi||North||931.76 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 33.3"||892.51 mi||East||1° 25' 43.4"||98.28 mi||North||902.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fianarantsoa||Sat 5:38 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||ESE|
|Antsirabe||Sat 5:38 PM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||NE|
|Antananarivo||Sat 5:38 PM||290 km||180 miles||157 nm||NE|
|Toliara||Sat 5:38 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||SW|
|Toamasina||Sat 5:38 PM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||NE|
|Mahajanga||Sat 5:38 PM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||N|
|Mamoutzou||Sat 5:38 PM||899 km||558 miles||485 nm||N|
|Nampula||Sat 4:38 PM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||NW|
|Fomboni||Sat 5:38 PM||975 km||606 miles||526 nm||NNW|
|Mutsamudu||Sat 5:38 PM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.