Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 2:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 14:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.66 meters/second, 1500.0 km/hour, 932.0 miles/hour or 809.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.53 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 56.2"||931.74 mi||West||0° 02' 07.3"||2.43 mi||North||931.85 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 08.5"||892.13 mi||East||1° 26' 44.4"||99.45 mi||North||901.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Toliara||Sat 5:58 PM||397 km||246 miles||214 nm||SE|
|Beira||Sat 4:58 PM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||W|
|Fianarantsoa||Sat 5:58 PM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||E|
|Antsirabe||Sat 5:58 PM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||E|
|Nampula||Sat 4:58 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||NNW|
|Antananarivo||Sat 5:58 PM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||ENE|
|Blantyre||Sat 4:58 PM||839 km||521 miles||453 nm||NW|
|Zomba||Sat 4:58 PM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||NW|
|Pemba||Sat 4:58 PM||877 km||545 miles||473 nm||N|
|Mutare||Sat 4:58 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.