Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 3:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 15:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 416.75 meters/second, 1500.3 km/hour, 932.3 miles/hour or 810.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.54 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 58.2"||931.96 mi||West||0° 02' 14.0"||2.56 mi||North||932.08 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 06.0"||891.18 mi||East||1° 29' 16.3"||102.35 mi||North||901.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bulawayo||Sat 5:48 PM||83 km||51 miles||45 nm||NNW|
|Francistown||Sat 5:48 PM||146 km||91 miles||79 nm||WSW|
|Tonota||Sat 5:48 PM||160 km||100 miles||87 nm||WSW|
|Selebi-Phikwe||Sat 5:48 PM||165 km||102 miles||89 nm||SW|
|Gweru||Sat 5:48 PM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||NNE|
|Masvingo||Sat 5:48 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||ENE|
|Lerala||Sat 5:48 PM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||SSW|
|Serowe||Sat 5:48 PM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||SW|
|Polokwane||Sat 5:48 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||S|
|Chitungwiza||Sat 5:48 PM||390 km||242 miles||210 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.