Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 8:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 20:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.41 meters/second, 1502.7 km/hour, 933.7 miles/hour or 811.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.56 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 11.0"||933.42 mi||West||0° 02' 52.7"||3.30 mi||North||933.58 mi|
|24 hours||13° 40' 47.1"||885.55 mi||East||1° 43' 41.8"||118.88 mi||North||898.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vitória||Sat 5:38 PM||66 km||41 miles||36 nm||NE|
|Campos||Sat 5:38 PM||134 km||83 miles||72 nm||SSW|
|Macaé||Sat 5:38 PM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||SSW|
|Governador Valadares||Sat 5:38 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||NNW|
|Petrópolis||Sat 5:38 PM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||SW|
|Belo Horizonte||Sat 5:38 PM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||WNW|
|Niterói||Sat 5:38 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sat 5:38 PM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||SW|
|Guarulhos||Sat 5:38 PM||667 km||415 miles||360 nm||WSW|
|Santos||Sat 5:38 PM||677 km||421 miles||365 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.