Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 2:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 02:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.42 meters/second, 1506.3 km/hour, 936.0 miles/hour or 813.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 03.5"||0.07 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.9"||935.69 mi||West||0° 03' 39.1"||4.19 mi||North||935.89 mi|
|24 hours||13° 32' 21.6"||878.30 mi||East||2° 00' 56.4"||138.64 mi||North||894.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 6:38 PM||596 km||371 miles||322 nm||SSW|
|Gambier Islands||Sat 5:38 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 9:38 PM||1980 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Sat 4:38 PM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:38 PM||3373 km||2096 miles||1821 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:38 PM||4091 km||2542 miles||2209 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 3:38 PM||4454 km||2768 miles||2405 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 3:38 PM||4769 km||2964 miles||2575 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:38 PM||4966 km||3086 miles||2681 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Sat 9:38 PM||5366 km||3335 miles||2898 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.