Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 2:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 02:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.48 meters/second, 1506.5 km/hour, 936.1 miles/hour or 813.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 03.5"||0.07 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 29.8"||935.83 mi||West||0° 03' 41.7"||4.24 mi||North||936.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 31' 52.5"||877.89 mi||East||2° 01' 52.5"||139.72 mi||North||894.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sat 5:58 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:58 PM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 4:58 PM||1859 km||1155 miles||1004 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sat 9:58 PM||2441 km||1516 miles||1318 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:58 PM||2875 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:58 PM||3684 km||2289 miles||1989 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 3:58 PM||3954 km||2457 miles||2135 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 3:58 PM||4268 km||2652 miles||2304 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:58 PM||4361 km||2710 miles||2355 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:58 PM||4471 km||2778 miles||2414 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.