Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 7:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 19:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.34 meters/second, 1520.4 km/hour, 944.7 miles/hour or 821.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 29.0"||944.49 mi||West||0° 05' 41.8"||6.53 mi||North||944.78 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 56.5"||856.74 mi||East||2° 45' 24.0"||189.58 mi||North||884.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 7:40 PM||862 km||536 miles||466 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Sun 4:40 PM||2641 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||WNW|
|Monrovia||Sun 7:40 PM||2814 km||1748 miles||1519 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Sun 7:40 PM||2872 km||1785 miles||1551 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Sun 7:40 PM||2986 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sun 7:40 PM||3042 km||1890 miles||1642 nm||N|
|São Tomé||Sun 7:40 PM||3051 km||1896 miles||1648 nm||NE|
|Luanda||Sun 8:40 PM||3062 km||1903 miles||1653 nm||ENE|
|Accra||Sun 7:40 PM||3066 km||1905 miles||1656 nm||NNE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 4:40 PM||3146 km||1955 miles||1699 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.