Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 8:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 20:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.46 meters/second, 1520.8 km/hour, 945.0 miles/hour or 821.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 30.6"||944.75 mi||West||0° 05' 44.7"||6.59 mi||North||945.05 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 14.4"||856.19 mi||East||2° 46' 26.3"||190.77 mi||North||883.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 8:06 PM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||E|
|Recife||Sun 5:06 PM||2062 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Sun 5:06 PM||2143 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 5:06 PM||2507 km||1558 miles||1353 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 5:06 PM||2675 km||1662 miles||1444 nm||NW|
|Guarulhos||Sun 5:06 PM||2853 km||1773 miles||1541 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo||Sun 5:06 PM||2864 km||1780 miles||1546 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Sun 8:06 PM||2953 km||1835 miles||1594 nm||NNE|
|Brasilia||Sun 5:06 PM||3041 km||1889 miles||1642 nm||W|
|Freetown||Sun 8:06 PM||3112 km||1934 miles||1681 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.