Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 24, 2012 at 2:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 24, 2012 at 02:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.35 meters/second, 1527.7 km/hour, 949.2 miles/hour or 824.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 57.0"||949.00 mi||West||0° 06' 28.1"||7.42 mi||North||949.32 mi|
|24 hours||12° 54' 16.1"||847.59 mi||East||3° 01' 52.6"||208.45 mi||North||879.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:48 PM||1202 km||747 miles||649 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:48 PM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 8:48 PM||3487 km||2167 miles||1883 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:48 PM||3530 km||2194 miles||1906 nm||W|
|Lima||Sun 9:48 PM||4258 km||2646 miles||2299 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:48 PM||4563 km||2836 miles||2464 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Sun 9:48 PM||4571 km||2840 miles||2468 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Sun 9:48 PM||4581 km||2847 miles||2474 nm||ENE|
|Guatemala||Sun 8:48 PM||4603 km||2860 miles||2485 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 8:48 PM||4617 km||2869 miles||2493 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.