Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 2:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 14:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.78 meters/second, 1568.8 km/hour, 974.8 miles/hour or 847.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 22.9"||974.65 mi||West||0° 09' 31.1"||10.91 mi||North||975.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 48.7"||804.76 mi||East||4° 04' 07.7"||279.67 mi||North||857.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Diego Garcia||Tue 8:32 PM||1714 km||1065 miles||926 nm||WNW|
|Jakarta||Tue 9:32 PM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||ENE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Tue 8:02 PM||2377 km||1477 miles||1284 nm||NNW|
|Colombo||Tue 8:02 PM||2384 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||NNW|
|Bandung||Tue 9:32 PM||2395 km||1488 miles||1293 nm||ENE|
|Male||Tue 7:32 PM||2442 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||NW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Tue 10:32 PM||2472 km||1536 miles||1335 nm||NE|
|Singapore||Tue 10:32 PM||2495 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||NE|
|Amsterdam Island||Tue 7:32 PM||2843 km||1767 miles||1535 nm||SSW|
|Pontianak||Tue 9:32 PM||2901 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.