Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, September 28, 2012 at 03:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 28, 2012 at 03:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.17 meters/second, 1617.0 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 19.0"||1004.75 mi||west||0° 11' 32.4"||13.22 mi||north||1004.91 mi|
|24 hours||10° 57' 57.3"||757.84 mi||east||4° 35' 55.7"||316.00 mi||north||821.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quito||Thu 10:18 PM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||NW|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Thu 10:18 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||WNW|
|Guayaquil||Thu 10:18 PM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||W|
|Cali||Thu 10:18 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||N|
|Bogota||Thu 10:18 PM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||NNE|
|Medellin||Thu 10:18 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||N|
|Lima||Thu 10:18 PM||1066 km||662 miles||576 nm||S|
|Rio Branco||Thu 11:18 PM||1197 km||744 miles||646 nm||SE|
|Panama||Thu 10:18 PM||1343 km||835 miles||725 nm||NNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 9:18 PM||1562 km||971 miles||844 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.