Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, September 28, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 28, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.75 meters/second, 1619.1 km/hour, 1006.1 miles/hour or 874.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.77 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 36.6"||1006.05 mi||west||0° 11' 30.9"||13.19 mi||north||1006.14 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 08.1"||753.01 mi||east||4° 32' 26.3"||312.00 mi||north||814.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pontianak||Fri 10:18 PM||61 km||38 miles||33 nm||WNW|
|Kuching||Fri 11:18 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||NNE|
|Pangkal Pinang||Fri 10:18 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||WSW|
|Palangka Raya||Fri 10:18 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||ESE|
|Tanjung Pinang||Fri 10:18 PM||616 km||383 miles||332 nm||WNW|
|Banjarmasin||Fri 11:18 PM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||ESE|
|Palembang||Fri 10:18 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||WSW|
|Singapore||Fri 11:18 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||WNW|
|Johor Bahru||Fri 11:18 PM||703 km||437 miles||379 nm||WNW|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 11:18 PM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.