Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 28, 2012 at 3:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 28, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.75 meters/second, 1619.1 kilometres/hour, 1006.1 miles/hour or 874.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.77 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 36.6"||1005.98 mi||West||0° 11' 30.9"||13.19 mi||North||1006.07 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 08.5"||752.97 mi||East||4° 32' 26.7"||311.99 mi||North||814.42 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pontianak||Fri 10:18 PM||90 km||56 miles||48 nm||WNW|
|Ketapang||Fri 10:18 PM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||S|
|Kuching||Fri 11:18 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||N|
|Sarikei||Fri 11:18 PM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||NNE|
|Sibu||Fri 11:18 PM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||NE|
|Palangka Raya||Fri 10:18 PM||477 km||296 miles||257 nm||ESE|
|Pangkal Pinang||Fri 10:18 PM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||WSW|
|Banjarmasin||Fri 11:18 PM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||SE|
|Tanjung Pinang||Fri 10:18 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||WNW|
|Miri||Fri 11:18 PM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.