Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 03:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 03:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.55 meters/second, 1618.4 km/hour, 1005.6 miles/hour or 873.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.76 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 48.6"||1005.53 mi||west||0° 11' 21.6"||13.01 mi||north||1005.55 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 29.3"||749.41 mi||east||4° 25' 58.4"||304.59 mi||north||807.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Gabriel da Cachoeira||Fri 11:28 PM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||S|
|Mitú||Fri 10:28 PM||360 km||224 miles||195 nm||WSW|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Fri 10:58 PM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||N|
|San Fernando de Apure||Fri 10:58 PM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||N|
|Ciudad Bolívar||Fri 10:58 PM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||NNE|
|Bogota||Fri 10:28 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||WNW|
|Caracas||Fri 10:58 PM||928 km||576 miles||501 nm||N|
|Florencia||Fri 10:28 PM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||W|
|Manaus||Fri 11:28 PM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||SE|
|Medellin||Fri 10:28 PM||1048 km||651 miles||566 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.